July 22 - August 9, 2024
- 1 week online, July 22 - 27
- 2 weeks in-class in Munich, July 29 - August 9
This course aims at making you familiar with firms’ financial statements and financial statement analysis by enabling you to read and analyze them to your professional benefit. Hence, you will learn to consume, analyze and forecast financial statements. Adopting a user perspective, we move beyond the technical aspects of financial reporting and preparing accounts. Instead, based on these fundamentals, you are able to understand the firm’s past business activities through the lens of financial statements. The course seeks to enable you to forecast a firm’s future business activities and to conduct a sound fundamental equity valuation to challenge market prices of real-world companies.
Goals of the course
The aims of this course, which is part of the MISU - Munich International Summer University, are threefold:
- To introduce students to financial reporting as the “language of business”. Participants learn to analyze and interpret financial statements in order to assess the key drivers of the underlying business
- To develop a structured forecast of the key value drivers as the most important ingredient of a company’s valuation. Especially important for managers, auditors, regulators, analysts and investors
- To apply the most common valuation models to challenge the current stock prices of real-world companies. Participants are able to critically assess assumptions inherent in stock prices.
Advance your career and widen your network !